If you have had your eyes on the Samsung Gear VR, both edition for Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S6, sure you've fallen in love with the virtual reality system with its endless possibilities. They open when live experiences, enjoy the games from completely new perspectives and, of course, when it comes to watching movies, free from the distractions of the outside world, you’ll be completely immersed as you watch your favorite movies on a theater-sized scale.
- See also: 5 Best 3D movies to watch on Gear VR
Of course, the answer is YES. We can save any content on the microSD of Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S6 for using it within glasses, We will have no problems if it stored as the compatible formats (The Gear VR by default supports most common file formats including 2D MP4/ AVI/FLV and 3D SBS MP4/MKV). So, before conversion, we need prepare: a computer, a 3D movie, and an effective converter which can helps you do this conversion.
You can use Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (review) to convert any video including 3D Blu-ray/DVD, iTunes video and other video file formats to 2D MP4/ AVI/FLV and 3D SBS MP4/MKV or transfer AC3/DTS audio to AAC/MP3 audio file accepted by Gear VR software without quality loss. So that you can experience immersive 3D life. What’s more, You can also trim you favorite clips, crop your unwanted images, and adjust the video effect, etc as you like.
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to convert 3D movies to Samsung Gear VR compatible format?
Step 1. Add 3D movie to the program
Start up the program on your computer, click the "Add video" or "Add folder" icon to load 3D Yify torrent movie files to the program.
Step 2: Choose 3D format to output.
From "Format" drop-down list, select Samsung Gear VR compatible 3D format from "3D Video" > "MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4)" or "MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mkv)" as output format for watching on Gear VR.
Tips: We can change some parameters of resolution, compression, audio, etc. An important issue that you must consider that in Samsung Gear VR, resolution for each eye is not FullHD but half the QHD screen. That is means a spilt VR resolution of 1280 x 1440 for each eye on Samsung Gear VR. It has a 60Hz refresh rate and a 96 degree field of view.
Step 3: Trim 3D movie
You can trim the 3D movie in the "Video Editor" window by setting the starting time and ending time to remove your unwanted scenes from the whole movies.
Step 4: Convert 3D movie to Gear VR
Go back to the main interface and start the conversion process by hitting right-bottom "Convert" button.
When the conversion is finished, loading 3D movies to microSD then you can enjoy them on your Samsung Gear VR without leaving home.
- How to Watch GoPro Hero 4 3D Video with Gear VR?
- How to Rip 3D Blu-ray to MKV to Watch in Samsung Gear VR Unit?
- Watch 3D Blu-ray on Samsung Gear VR via Galaxy Note 4
- Make 3D Movies For Your Samsung Gear VR With Old Movie Library And Blu-Ray/DVD Disc
- Play 3D YIFY Movies on Gear VR via Note 5 Smoothly
- Best Way to Convert iTunes DRM to SBS 3D to Galaxy Note 4 in Gear VR
- Can I enjoy 3D Blu-rays on My New Galaxy Note 4 in Gear VR?